|If you're hobling around and suffering from foot pain, rest
up and spend the next few minutes learning about your foot condition and discover how best to treat discomfort with practical foot
care advice, home remedies and our most recommended foot care products.
What causes foot pain?
Pain or discomfort can be felt anywhere in the foot, including the heel, toes, arch, instep, sole or ankles.
The most common cause of discomfort can be from wearing shoes that don't fit properly leading to foot problems like calluses and bunions.
Here are a few common complaints:
- Bunions -- a protrusion at the base of the big toe, which
can become inflamed. Bunions often develop over time from wearing narrow-toed
- Hammer toes -- toes that curl downward into a claw-like
- Calluses and corns -- thickened skin from friction or pressure.
Calluses are on the balls of the feet or heels. Corns appear on your toes.
- Plantar warts -- from pressure on the soles of your feet.
- Fallen arches -- also called flat feet.
Other common complaints are often related to heel pain and include:
- Plantar fasciitis
- Bone Spur
- Buritis of the heel
Treatment and prevention through foot care:
Here's a few tips to prevent foot problems from developing...
- Wear comfortable, properly fitting shoes. They should have good arch support
- Wear shoes with adequate room around the ball of your foot and toe.
- Wear sneakers as often as possible, especially when walking.
- Avoid narrow-toed shoes and high heels.
You'll find more helpful foot care information including home remedies, and products to treat and relieve specific foot pain by clicking on the conditions to the left, or the articles below.